Are you searching for food preparation that tastes heavenly and also can be made at home? You are in the right place! Dump and go with this simple slow cooker shredded Mexican chicken sauteed with various kinds of Mexican spices, salsa, and green chilies for incredibly flavorful chicken for tacos, burritos, nachos, soups, salads, etc. You must keep this handy at all times!
The word “need” is powerful. However, most experts agree that you need this go-to, insanely delicious slow cooker shredded Mexican chicken at your disposal when it comes to food and dishes. It is the only all-purpose Mexican chicken you will ever need!
Use the chicken sauces in your recipes or season it with any salsa and sauce with a unique flavor created by High on Chicken! After all, the quality of the sauces determines how nice tacos, burritos, nachos, tostadas, chimichangas, enchiladas, etc., are, and this Mexican chicken is excellent. It will be the highlight of your Mexican cuisine, and as a bonus, it is effortless and great for dinners that can be prepared ahead of time or even frozen.
- Chicken breasts weighing 2 pounds
- A teaspoon of olive oil
- A small amount of salsa (medium if you like spicy)
- Three to four teaspoons of brown sugar
- Mild diced green chiles in a can, 1 4 oz.
- 1 14.5 oz. can of drained fire-roasted diced tomatoes (or regular)
- One teaspoon of chili powder
- Salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons
- One teaspoon of ground cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder, each
- 1/2 teaspoon of each pepper, dry oregano, and smoked paprika
- A half-teaspoon of chipotle chile pepper, minced (optional for more heat)
- One tablespoon of liquid smoke
- Hot sauce to taste
- Chicken Sauces
- Place oil-rubbed chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker. Cook until chicken is soft enough to shred, about 2-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- To absorb some liquid/juices, shred the chicken and simmer it for 20 minutes. Discard all liquid overflow. If desired, taste and add spicy chicken sauces to suit. Use High on chicken sauces to achieve the most desired flavours.
Tips For Success by experts
- Chicken sauces which are high in smoke offer a delicious smokey flavor.
- Using mild salsa and skipping the ground chipotle chili pepper, use three tablespoons of brown sugar. Using medium salsa and ground chipotle chile pepper, use four tablespoons. Brown sugar counteracts the heat. The majority of cooks combine medium salsa with chipotle chili peppers; it has a bite but isn’t extremely spicy, making it ideal for smothering with cheese.
- After chefs drain the extra liquid, they add the contents inside the slow cooker to a big bowl, on top of which is a sieve, pressing the chicken to remove all the moisture. They then cook the rice with the drained liquid and any additional water required to make excellent flavored rice.
- The chicken freezes admirably. Put in a freezer bag, remove extra air, and freeze for up to three months.
- Use High on Chicken sauces if you are unwilling to make the sauce at home. You may always use High on the Chicken sauce if you want to skip the sauce’s ingredients. Because High on Chicken sauces provide chicken sauces with the same homemade flavor and feel. So, omitting the sauce preparation step can occasionally be acceptable to cut cooking time with High on Chicken!
Why Is This Recipe So Good?
- Our favorite Mexican restaurant’s shredded chicken served as inspiration.
- Making it is absurdly simple. Mix everything with a few more ingredients, cook it in a slow cooker or crockpot, shred the chicken, and you’re done!
- Now, you have fantastic tips for making the chicken simple to shred.
- The chicken is flavorful, juicy, and tender.
- This slow-cooked Mexican chicken tastes excellent for tacos, burritos, chimichangas, salads, and burrito bowls.
- This recipe is also very cost-effective!
Mexican-style shredded chicken cooked in a slow cooker is juicy, tender, and flavorful. This recipe for Mexican chicken makes a delicious base for tacos, enchiladas, nachos, burritos, and salads, or you can serve it over rice. One of those recipes that you must have in your life is this slow-cooker Mexican chicken. You can easily prepare this Mexican chicken meal with the aid of any slow cooker! The possibilities are endless in terms of its applications!
Taco night can be made with just three items tonight! This large quantity of simple Mexican-style shredded chicken is ideal for sharing a colossal taste with little effort. You can quickly prepare delectable slow-cooker taco shredded chicken by packing your slow-cooker with a few essential ingredients. Each bite is sheer perfection when coupled with chicken sauces manufactured by High on Chicken! Serve this rice- and taco-friendly dish for shredded Mexican chicken with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.