This is a Korean Barbecue-styled meatball recipe that is made with ground beef and pork. Ground beef provides the flavor and pork provides the texture. The sauce is made from soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, honey, and gochujang (Korean red chili paste).
The meatballs are then cooked in a skillet for about 10 minutes before being served with rice or noodles.
The Korean Barbecue-styled meatballs are a fusion of Korean and American cuisine. This dish is typically served with a variety of sauces, such as soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, or ketchup.
Korean Barbecue-styled meatballs are a variation of the traditional recipe. The Korean style of cooking is characterized by a strong emphasis on the use of grilling and barbecuing.
Prep time: 25-30 min
Serve for: 2-3
- High On Chicken Barbecue sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- Gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onions, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup finely crushed buttery round crackers
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- In a bowl, add the ground beef and mash them properly with your hands.
- Then add the gochujang and High On Chicken Barbecue sauce over the top.
- Pour salt, black pepper, and soy sauce into the seasoning to the ground meat.
- Chop some fresh ginger and garlic finely and distribute them over the bowl.
- Bread crumbs and green onions should be added.
- Use a fork to swiftly mix everything together.
- For around 30 minutes, cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C.
- Using wet hands, shape this mixture into 12 equal-sized balls.
- Spray the baking tray with oil and place the meatballs.
- Meatballs should bake for around 20 minutes in a preheated oven until beautifully browned.
- Around 5 minutes before the meatballs are cooked coat them with the High On Chicken Barbecue sauce.
- Place the meatballs on a platter.
- Now let us prepare the sauce for these meatballs.
- Set the pan on the stove-top over medium to high heat and add 2-3 tsp of oil.
- Stir the garlic for approximately a minute to make it aromatic.
- Pour vinegar and soy sauce onto the pan.
- Add Gochujang, High On Chicken Barbecue Sauce , beef broth, and brown sugar to the pan.
- Stir all of this mixture.
- Add sesame oil and Sriracha are used to season.
- Simmer the sauce while stirring it.
- Reduced the sauce by a third.
- In the meantime, make a slurry in a small bowl by stirring together cornstarch and water.
- Whisk continuously while you lower the heat to medium-low and add the slurry.
- Keep the sauce boiling until it has roughly reduced to half.
- Add the meatballs to the pan.
- Allow to simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until meatballs are thoroughly heated and well-drenched in the sauce.
- Pour the Korean Barbecue-style meatballs into a bowl.
- Add green onions and toasted sesame seeds as garnishes.
Occasions when you can Korean Barbecue styled meatballs Recipe
Korean Barbecue-styled meatballs Recipe is a perfect dish for any occasion. Whether you are hosting a house-party or just cooking for the family, this recipe will be a hit. This Korean Barbecue-styled meatball Recipe is a perfect dish for any occasion.
The Korean Barbecue-styled meatballs Recipe is a dish that can be served on any occasion; it makes for a great appetizer or entree. The recipe is simple and can be made in no time. Korean Barbecue-styled meatballs Recipe is a perfect recipe for those who are looking for something new to try. This is a dish that you can make in your kitchen, and it does not require any special equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Should meatballs be crispy or soft?
Furthermore, meatballs ought to be chewable. Preventing the cooked meat from being too harsh while allowing it to form balls
- What are the other variations?
-Replace the honey in the sauce with apricot preserves or marmalade. You may also use brown sugar, but you’ll need to boil the sauce on the stovetop with a little water until the sugar melts and forms a glaze.
-Swap out 12 cups of shredded white or yellow onion for the chopped scallions.
-Crushed red pepper flakes can be added to the meat mixture and drizzling sauce to make the meatballs hotter.
- What are the mistakes to be avoided?
Do not overmix the meat.
The meat will become tougher the more you mix it. I incorporate all of the meatball mix-ins before adding the meat to prevent this. In this manner, the materials for the meatballs can be dispersed more uniformly without requiring much mixing.
Using temperature to cook.
Using internal temperature to cook meat is a surefire method. I advise using an instant-read thermometer to make sure the meatballs are cooked to the proper internal temperature without being overcooked. For perfectly tender meatballs, cook the meatballs to an internal temperature of 160°F.
An air fryer retains its flavor without the additional weight of grease.